Loss of Utilities (except telecommunications)
- To report loss of utilities (except telecommunications), call the University Center building proctor at 5-8901 or, after hours contact the night manager at 5-8908. The building proctor will assess the situation and decide on a course of action.
- Call an MSC senior staff member (see Staff Chain of Notification) who will coordinate efforts with the building proctor and emergency responder.
- In accordance with System Policy 34.07 Crisis Management, "protection of human life and health is of the utmost importance". If funds are on the premises, the senior-most manager of the area shall either lock the vault or lock the cash register and retain the key on their person. Unlocked cash drawers shall be left as-is unless the senior-most manager makes a judgment call that, due to the situation, the cash drawers can be pulled and secured in the vault.
- Because of a possible power surge when the utilities are restored, all equipment, excluding computer equipment, should be switched in the "off" position.
- Upon restoration of utilities, the senior-most manager shall count and verify all cash funds.
- Follow-up communication regarding the incident should be furnished immediately to your supervisor and an incident report form should be completed and submitted to the applicable Associate Director no more than two days following the occurrence.